My family and I live in Ward 7. My wife Melanie and I were married here in London and a few years back we decided that this was the perfect place for us to start a family. Today we have three children (Ainsley, McKenna, and Max) and we all love our vibrant and active community of friends and neighbours. We are proud to call this city our home. Melanie has been a high school teacher and vice principal here in London for over 15 years. We couldn’t imagine being a part of any other community because London has so much to offer. We want our kids to grow up in a city that realizes its great potential and the work ahead is to ensure a sustainable future for all young Londoners. As this re-election campaign begins, I again thank my family for their support and encouragement. I also thank our friends, neighbours, and all those Londoners who have encouraged me to continue to serve and represent them.
JOSH MORGAN’S EXPERIENCE AND COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
Josh Morgan is the Recruitment and Development Officer of the Local Government Program at Western University. The program educates current and future municipal leaders in the field of public administration.
Josh’s previous employment includes;
- Teaching Economics and Policy Analysis in Western’s Local Government Program,
- Working as a Constituency Assistant in London West,
- Serving as Vice-President of the University Students’ Council,
- Working for TD Bank Financial Group.
An active and passionate member of the London community, Josh has given thousands of hours of community service to local community groups, service clubs, Boards and organizations. He brings a collaborative, results driven approach to organizations he has worked with.
- City Councillor, City of London (2014-2018)
- Vice-Chair, Federal Election Readiness Committee, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (2018-Present)
- Chair, London Public Library Board (2010-2013)
- President, Western Fair Association Programming Council (2011-2013)
- President, Optimist Club of Oakridge Acres (2008)
- Chair, Time Capsule Project, City of London Celebrate 150 Committee (2005)
- President, Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (2002-2003)
Community Expertise & Involvement
- Elected Member, Board of Directors, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (2018-Present)
- Vice-Chair, Corporate Services Committee (2017-Present)
- Vice-Chair, Governance Working Group (2015-Present)
- Chair, Corporate Services Committee (2016)
- Chair, Community and Protective Services Committee (2014-2015)
- Vice-Chair, Public Utilities Commission (2014-Present)
- Councillor, Ontario Library Board Association (2014-2015)
- Member, Board of Governors, Western Fair Association (2011-Present)
- Member, Joint Pension Board, Western University (2013-2016)
- Member, Municipal Election Compliance Audit Committee, Town of Milton (2010-2014)
- Member, London Public Library Board (2006-2014)
- Member, Museum London Board (2012)
- Member, Optimist Club of Oakridge Acres (2005-Present)
- Vice-Present Education, University Students’ Council, Western University (2002-2003)